Welcome to Year Two
Thank you so much for all your support this half term. We are overwhelmed by the support you have shown us.
Spring 2 is just around the corner and we have added our Newsletter on here. It is called Spring 2. It outlines what your children will be learning over the next half term (some very exciting things about DRAGONS!).
We have left on these useful websites on the homepage for you to access and added in our Oxford Owl login to the 'Reading and Writing' section.
Websites to support Maths learning
- Number Bonds practise: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
- Hit the Button: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-
- Times Table Rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Numbots: https: //play.numbots.com/#/intro
- Extra worksheets for telling the time: http://www.snappymaths.com/other/measuring/time/time.htm
Reading and Writing
At this age reading is very important! Year 2 children should spend 30 minutes a day reading or completing a reading activity. This could be them reading independently, reading to an adult, practising sounds and sight words, listening to stories or completing comprehension tasks.
Year 2 should try to include adjectives, conjunctions, openers and adverbs in their writing.
Websites to support reading and writing
- Oxford Owl: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/login?active-tab=students
Username: lamoye2a Password: lamoye2a
Username: lamoye2b Password: lamoye2b
- BBC bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zgkw2hv
- Topmarks spelling and phonics games: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/words-and-spelling
- David Walliams audiobooks:https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
Spelling and Handwriting
Children should practise 10 spellings every week. Year 2 should learn the first 100 red words, then move on to the common exception words while also learning the weekly spellings from the log book. For great ideas on how to learn new spelling words click here: https://www.theschoolrun.com/teachers-tricks-make-spelling-easy
In school the children do 10 minutes of handwriting everyday. If you wish to print the handwriting sheets and for more information on handwriting, please visit: https://www.teachhandwriting.co.uk/route-c-letter-choice-3-ks1.html .
- Busy Things: https://www.busythings.co.uk/ Username: home8972 Password: crazy8362
- ICT Coding: https://blockly.games/puzzle?lang=en
- ICT Scratch: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/editor/?tutorial=getStarted
Websites to support PE at home
- Just Dance: https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH-7A3NVQbY
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- PE with Joe Wicks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or queries.